Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]P5GV-TMX/S bios New Topic
Coae
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:7/9/2008 5:08:00 PM # 1
Hello!
I have an P5GV-TMX/S motherboard and i need to update the bios. The problem is that there is no support for this model on the site. I tried to use the bios for P5GV-MX but is not working because my bios is Award and for MX is AMI. Do you know anything about this model?

Thanks!

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18325
Posted:7/9/2008 7:28:00 PM # 2
This board is apparently a proprietary model made by Asus for a large system manufacturer.  When the system manufacturer is finished producing the systems that use the board, they dump the rest as bulk or 'white box' products.  These boards, although made by Asus are not Asus  mainboards.

You might try contacting Biosman.com or Badflash.com and give them all the details.  They may be able to help you.

Of course, if this board is in an off-the-shelf system that you purchased, then the system manufacturer is the place to go for any BIOS revisions.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
Coae
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:7/9/2008 9:07:00 PM # 3
Thanks for the info.
This is a mainboard bought from a computer shop, bulk, but sold exactly as : "ASUS P5GV-TMX, skt775 - (limited stock), Intel915GV, video128MB, 5.1ch, ATA100/SATA, GB LAN, microATX " . The only problem is that after restart the computer does not boot unless i remove the battery, replaced the battery...same problem.I think the bios might be the problem....
Btw the power supply was in flame when i shut it down :)

tcsenter
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 260
Posted:7/10/2008 4:22:00 AM # 4
The computer shop should have disclosed it was a surplus OEM product that is not supported by ASUS, like this:

ASUSTeK P5GV-TMX (OEM)

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.