Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P5GD2 Deluxe  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Mass Storage Controller New Topic
Smith
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:4/17/2010 8:44:00 AM # 1
Hello and thank you in advance for your help. I have this P5GD2 Deluxe motherboard with a Intel 915G chipset. I Have Windows7 installed and I cant find the driver for the Mass Storage Controller. Evrything I have tried to install either from Asus or Intel is not solving my problem. When I install a second 1.0TB slave hard drive the PC becomes unusable cause its so slow. Please help.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18217
Posted:4/17/2010 9:41:00 AM # 2
Hi S..

See if you can look through the device manager for the storage controller and then post the driver that is listed...

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/f/open-device-manager-windows-7.htm

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
Smith
Level :
Posted:4/17/2010 10:28:00 PM # 3
Thats my problem. their is no driver installed. "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.
To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver."
  •  Manufacturer: Unknown
  • Driver Provider: Unknown
  • Driver date/Version: Unavailable
  • Digital Signer: Not digitally signed
I appreciate the help.

Ulrich
Level :
Posted:4/17/2010 10:37:00 PM # 4
Hi S..

I take it that you are looking at IDE/ATAPI Controllers...  Is that correct..?

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
Smith
Level :
Posted:4/18/2010 12:15:00 AM # 5
No it is not. I took those info in device manager, other devices which have a yellow exclamation point. The IDE/ATAPI Controllers seems fine. No exclamation point.

Ulrich
Level :
Posted:4/18/2010 12:23:00 AM # 6
Hi S..

Many of the non plug and play devices do not need a driver but apparently, whatever that is, seems to want one.  I have looked through a few operating systems and I can't find an entry for a mass storage controller in 'other' or in 'non plug and play' devices..

I have no specific advice here except to see it the Windows Update service makes any driver suggestions.  You might consider uninstalling the device and then rebooting the system, although I can't say what would happen if you did that.  Sometimes that gets a driver installed and sometimes the issue simply disappears... 

Smith
Level :
Posted:4/21/2010 9:38:00 AM # 7
This is the link so you can see my device manager so you will be able to see my mass storage controller issue. http://www.imagecross.com/11/image-hosting-view-33.php?id=3421Mass-Storage-Controllers.PNG

Ulrich
Level :
Posted:4/21/2010 9:59:00 AM # 8

Hi S..

The only thing that I can think of the that the chipset information utility is not working... Windows7 is supposed to have it native.  So what you might consider doing is loading in the proper Inf..

class=word sizset="33" sizcache="41">

INF Update Utility -​ Primarily for Intel® 5, 4, 3, 900 Series Chipsets

Did you just install the operating system? If you did not, then you do not need to install the Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility.

OS: Windows 2000*, Windows 7*, Windows 7, 32-bit*, Wi .. More> Windows 2000*, Windows 7*, Windows 7, 32-bit*, Windows 7, 64-bit*, Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition*, Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition*, Windows Server 2003 Standard x64 Edition*, Windows Server 2003*, Windows Server 2008*, Windows Vista 32*, Windows Vista 64*, Windows Vista*, Windows XP Home Edition*, Windows XP Media Center Edition*, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition*, Windows XP Professional*

class=word_date>

12/22/2009

class=word_version>

9.​1.​1.​1025

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Chipsets&ProductLine=Chipset+Software&ProductProduct=Intel%c2%ae+Chipset+Software+Installation+Utility&OSVersion=Windows+7%2c+32-bit*

The best way to do this is to downlost the Inf utility to a flash drive.  Then reinstall Windows7 and first thing after the install is to load in the Inf utility.

If you don't want to do that, there is a more complicated method described here...

http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/inf/sb/cs-009272.htm

Paulo
Level :
Posted:12/17/2010 2:00:00 AM # 9
You should try installing the driver software for your MBs SATALink Controller and ATA/ATAPI Controller.
Those should be the two Mass Storage Controllers with missing drivers.

That should do it.

Áron
Level :
Posted:11/18/2011 8:49:00 PM # 10
I have the same problem. Did you manage to solve it jet?

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.