ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > P5G41T-M LX3  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]LAN (RJ-45) port not working New Topic
Enrique
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:6/21/2012 10:10:00 PM # 1
My goal was to use the remainings of a system that had a motherboard that had become useless, to build a system who would -at least at first- only work with primary storage devices.

The leftovers were a P4 631+ (Cedar Mill) 3 Ghz CPU, a DVD R/W Samsung drive with a Puppy Linux v5.1.1 operating system Live CD in it, and a cabinet with a 520 W power supply, fans, mouse, keyboard ...

The chosen OS is so light that it works using only primary storage devices.

With the information and help provided by Ghe (unfortunately the thread we used to exchange information has dissapeared from this forum) and other members of this forum, I ended (with some doubts that are reflected in http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20120303220742946&board_id=1&model=P5G41T-M+LX3&page=1&SLanguage=en-us and http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20120415050858044&board_id=1&model=P5G41T-M+LX3&page=1&SLanguage=en-us) buying a P5G41T-M LX3 motherboard.

Because I remained with the feeling that some of my pending doubts would not be answered in this forum I decided to risk and I assembled the aforementioned components to which I added a KVR1333D3S8N9/2G DIMM.

I have powered on the system and haven't had difficulties in looking at the BIOS screens nor at the OS screens as many times as I've wanted.

'Till now I've only failed in making the motherboard's RJ-45 LAN port work.

I haven't been able to do so when I connected it to one of the LAN ports of the TP-Link 150 Mbps Wireless Router that is working without problems with a mobile device.

Both LEDs at the motherboard's port have always been off and the OS's Internet Connecting Wizard has informed it doesn't detect dial up modems nor network interfaces.

I don't want to add a hard disc drive to this system before having understood what is happening with the LAN port and before making it work only on primary storage devices.

I believe the motherboard must be missing some driver and that the problem will be solved and I will be able to connect to the Internet after placing the ASUS motherboard auto run support DVD on the DVD R/W Samsung drive.

Do you agree with me?
What is your opinion?
Do you have any questions?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks for your time.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.