Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Flashing Motherboard Light New Topic
Lexmark
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:12/10/2007 12:15:00 AM # 1

Hi

P4P800S-X

The computer was on and running fine (been working for years) I went to plug in the USB cord for my camera and the computer shut off. Now the motherboard light flashes and the system will not turn on. Here is what I have tried so far.

New power cable and wall plug-in

Reset the Cmos both jumper and battery

Checked RAM, CPU and all other connections

Any help would be nice, thanks

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
GoodOleRick
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 53
Posted:12/10/2007 8:56:00 AM # 2

When the pwr_on led is not lighted steadily, it is an indication that the +5vsb rail from the psu is weak and/or failing.

Can you borrow a known good psu to test with?  Should you need to replace your psu consider running a power calculator to ensure your planned purchase will supply adequate power.

http://support.asus.com/PowerSupplyCalculator/PSCalculator.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

If at first you succeed - try not to look astonished.
Swartz
Level :
Posted:12/10/2007 11:34:00 PM # 3
I had a similar problem yesterday with my P4P800S-X motherboard.  Before I replaced the PS the LED was not lite consistently, sort of randomly going dim.  So I bought a nice new 550W PS and now the lite blinks nice and bright.  But it blinks pretty fast (twice a second?) and does that repeatedly like it is a message.  Of course, I can not find anything in any documentation that would lead me to what that means on the technical website.

I checked the PowerSupplyCalculator and it says I need a 450W PS.  My old one was a 420W PS.

I get no sounds, nothing other than a blinking LED when I put power to the motherboard.  I have unplugged everything and I still get a blinking LED.

Thanks,

GoodOleRick
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 53
Posted:12/11/2007 12:55:00 PM # 4
Ensure that you have a case speaker properly attached.  Remove your memory modules and boot up.  Do you get the no memory error beeps?

If at first you succeed - try not to look astonished.
Lexmark
Level :
Posted:12/12/2007 12:54:00 AM # 5
Thanks for your help eveyone, I am going to try another PS and start there.

Lexmark
Level :
Posted:12/14/2007 11:21:00 PM # 6

Update..

The new PS did not fix the whole issue. The motherboard light is now solid but the computer will not turn on. I rechecked, reset and flipped around the front button connections. At this point I think it fried the front buttons or the motherboard might be toast. What do you all think? Could it be anything else?

ps, to answer your other question GoodOleRick the internal speaker does not make any noise but I have not tried the power up with no RAM connected.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: Ulrich New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.