Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > Maximus IV Extreme  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Asus Maximus IV Dual Channel RAM FAILURE New Topic
Doug
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:9/29/2011 3:22:00 AM # 1
I just recently built a new rig, and anytime I put a stick of ram into A1 or A2 slots it fails to boot and gives me error code 45. I fought with it for weeks then finally it booted with the ram in B1 and B2 slots. I set the proper timing in bios and tried the correct dual channel setup with A2+B2 and it failed. I have tried it a million different ways and it seems the A1 and A2 ram slots cause the system to fail to boot, it runs with ram in B1 + B2. Is there any solution to this or do I need to RMA my mobo. Thanks in advance, Doug.

P.S. I have Corsair Dominator GT 2133 4 GB (2x2) RAM, and 2600k sandy bridge cpu

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Doug
Level :
Posted:10/2/2011 1:32:00 AM # 2
When I first got it to boot its memory speed was 1336. Anytime I put a stick of RAM into A1 or A2 slots it doesnt boot. Ive tried all different combinations. A2 and B2 does not work. Only when both or 1 stick is in B1 and/or B2 does it boot.

Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18324
Posted:10/2/2011 1:27:00 AM # 3

Hi Doug..

When it does boot, what is the default memory speed...?
http://www2.corsair.com/configurator/product_results.aspx?id=1872808

The board generally needs a module in A2 and B2 and when that doesn't work, it is sometimes related to an issue in the 1155 land grid.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
Ulrich
Level :
Posted:10/2/2011 5:34:00 AM # 4

Quote:
Author: Doug Posted: 10/2/2011 1:32:00 AM

When I first got it to boot its memory speed was 1336. Anytime I put a stick of RAM into A1 or A2 slots it doesnt boot. Ive tried all different combinations. A2 and B2 does not work. Only when both or 1 stick is in B1 and/or B2 does it boot.

Hi Doug..

Was the memory kit on Corsair's list ...?  The only thing I can think of that might be at the root of the problem is some continuity problem in the CPU socket.. some issue where the lands and the pads on the processor are not making proper contact.. not an unusual situation with large LGA sockets...

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
Doug
Level :
Posted:10/4/2011 10:00:00 AM # 5
Yes it is on the corsair list. I checked the CPU and made sure that it is properly connected, but still no luck. Do I need to RMA my mobo? Almost forgot, thanks for the help Ulrich.

Ulrich
Level :
Posted:10/4/2011 12:58:00 PM # 6
Hi Doug...

Personally, I wouldn't fool around too much with the system... it just oughta' work..!  If the land grid looks OK and the power supply is properly connected and you have a single module installed and it won't boot, then there is likely something very basic wrong... some sort of board issue... and returning it has to become a primary consideration.

The alternative is to cart the lot down to a local PC Shop and see if the tech can get it going... but that is an additional expense.

Doug
Level :
Posted:10/6/2011 2:28:00 AM # 7
Yea im going to RMA it, and I would never trust a random "tech" guy with my baby...you never know where their hands have been! I built her and im the only one allowed inside her ;) Thanks again for the help.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.