Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > Maximus II Formula  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Video Controller (VGA Compatible) problems New Topic
Orange Devil
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:12/13/2009 1:01:00 AM # 1
I've just completely reinstalled windows after what I suspect to have been a virus caused me to be unable to get past the welcome screen. I'm currently trying to reinstall all my drivers, but have run into some problems getting my video card to work properly. I have an ASUS Maximus II Formula motherboard, which came with a CD for driver software. Unfortunately I do not currently have access to this CD, so I've downloaded and installed all the drivers I could find from the ASUS website. These are (in order):
Intel_Chipset_V9111019_XPVistaWin7
SoundMax_V51026605_XPVistaWin7
MarvellYukon_GigabitEthernet_V1064103
SixEngine_V10117_XPVistaWin7

After this I attempted to install the Nvidia drivers, which keep returning an error and aborting the install. On bootup windows detects uninstalled hardware, specifically a Video Controller (VGA Compatible). I don't know which drivers I need for this to install properly so that I can get the Nvidia drivers to work. I'm using Windows XP 32 bit with an ASUS Maximus II Formula motherboard and an Nvidia 9600GT video card. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18264
Posted:12/13/2009 2:23:00 AM # 2
Hi O..

These are supposed to be the latest drivers for your card... Is this what you tried to install..?

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_195.62_whql.html

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
Orange Devil
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:12/13/2009 2:47:00 AM # 3
Yes it is, I've tried downloading those drivers twice in case the file got corrupted. It keeps returning an error about how it was unable to install the Nvidia control panel and will revert to the last known working drivers.

I'm not sure how, but I managed to install something that made the new hardware found message about the Video Controller (VGA Compatible) stop popping up. When I try playing a game the FPS is absolutely abysmal however, leading me to believe that I still need those Nvidia drivers. In some places my PC seems to recognise that I have a Geforce 9600GT, in others it does not.

Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18264
Posted:12/13/2009 3:36:00 AM # 4
Hi O..

Not sure what is going on there... Do you have all the updates installed for Windows XP..?

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.