Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > Maximus Formula  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]No BIOS post screen at start up New Topic
Teall
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:7/23/2010 8:32:00 PM # 1
Hello there 8-) I have a really annoying problem; for about a month now I have had no BIOS post screen when I start up my computer. I have tried everything I can think of, delete drivers, update latest drivers, re-install graphics cards etc; without doing a clean install of my OS (which I don’t really want to do). I am stuck, and any help would be great thanks.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18339
Posted:7/24/2010 11:53:00 PM # 2

Hi T..

Does the Delete key take you into your BIOS program..?  

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
Teall
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:7/25/2010 6:26:00 PM # 3
Hi there Ulrich No the Delete key doesn’t take me into the BIOS program, I just get a constant black screen if I hold it down; however as soon as I release the delete key it goes straight into the OS login screen. It’s very strange, I power up and my PC goes straight into the OS login screen, “no option what so ever to go into the BIOS utility screen”. On start up I get one short beep from the BIOS; and in the Maximus Formula motherboard user guide, that indicates: ‘Description: VGA detected, Quick boot set to disabled, and no keyboard detected’. Just don’t make sense, all I have ever changed in the BIOS utility is the ram settings from 800 MHz to 1066 MHz, and it has worked fine ever since. Just like to add that my system runs sweet as a nut, and runs every program fine; just can’t get into the BIOS utility at the start lol, maybe it’s time for a new motherboard 8-)

Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18339
Posted:7/25/2010 9:14:00 PM # 4
Hi T..

That is all very strange....  I think that your only option here is to go through the CLRTC procedure that is described in your manual.. that will set the BIOS program back to default values and may resolve the issue. 

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.