ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > M4N78 Pro  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]AMD-V compatible motherboards New Topic
rick123
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:4/26/2010 8:03:00 PM # 1
Hi,

in the ASUS motherboard specifications I'm missing the information if the motherboard supports the AMD-V functionality. As I have read it depends from the CPU self, from the BIOS enabling it and from the chipset of the board.

As I see, there are many questions asking if a certain motherboard supports the hardware virtualization. It would be a great help to publish a list of the motherboards supporting the AMD-V aka. Secure Virtual Machine functionality.

Currently I'm looking for the M4N78PRO and I would like to know if it's supporting the AMD-V.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Sleiman
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 46
Posted:4/27/2010 4:28:00 PM # 2
Yes. it does support AMD-V. In the bios setup, there's a option under Advanced menu -> CPU Configuration which is called: Secure Virtual Machine Mode. It's enabled by default.
But make sure that the CPU does have also support for AMD-V.

ani
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:5/26/2010 1:27:00 PM # 3
Hi My system configuration is AMD athlon 64 x2 dual core 5200+ Processor and ASUS M2N68-AM motherboard. Specification says its compatible with hypervision and virtualization technology. Using AMD utility and confirmed it. But I am not able to see the option in the BIOS. BIOS verion is 3.17. Please let me know. I have enabled the Secure Virtual Machine and still by virtual machines are booting very slow. on the other hand I have an HP dc7800 intel duo core processor with a lesser configuration which boots much faster. so the question is is "secure Virtual Machine" is equivalent to AMD-VT which is equivalent to intel-vt technology

Sleiman
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 46
Posted:5/27/2010 2:17:00 AM # 4
I think so. Can't imagine that there's a difference between AMD-V and AMD-VT. Maybe someone else?

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: Ulrich New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.