Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > M4A79XTD EVO  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]"Hard drive not detected"! New Topic
Pizano
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:4/21/2010 8:26:00 AM # 1
Hi guys, just did my first build using an ASUS M4A79XTD EVO. Seems like an awesome board. However, upon BOOTING into BIOS after installing all items in my case and making sure everything was connected properly, I get a "Adapter 1 - Hard drive not detected" error message IMMEDIATELY after the system POST.

I made sure my optical and HDD are both plugged into. I have tried plugging my optical into the SATA 1 on motherboard and Harddisk drive on SATA 2 and vice versa.

I went into BIOS and changed the boot order from my HDD to my CD/DVD drive.

I then was able to Successfully install Windows 7. I got to my desktop and installed one microsoft update before rebooting. Upon reboot, SAME issue again.

"Hard disk not detected"

I have switched the boot order, checked the SATA cables, I went into the MAIN window in BIOS and both my Harddisk drive and Optical drive are listed CORRECTLY with their model #'s and etc... SO I do not UNDERSTAND this.

I also changed the store configuration from IDE to AHCI: still nothing.

I am RE-using this harddrive (Western Digital Caviar Green 500gb 7200RPM) from my previous computer (Cyberpower PC). The computer came with Winsows 7 installed on it's harddrive etc....

Please help me out here, I will greatly appreciate any responses... Thank you

-Alberto Pizano

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
RandyT
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2264
Posted:4/21/2010 9:33:00 AM # 2
Pizano,

I don't think you can change from IDE to AHCI. You can change AHCI to IDE.
Try replugging into differant sata connection.
If you wish, at login, go to edit my profile (top left),click on signiture,type in your system set up and it will always show in blue on bottom of your post( this will help you and others to get more accurate info).

CROSSHAIR V,FX 8350, BIOS#1703, 16GB Corsair Vengeance Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8 4x4g 1600(8-8-8-24-41-t2)1.6V, EVGA GTX 470 s/c NV driver#326.41 WD 750 black, Hyper 2 X 120G SSD, Corsair TX750W P/S, Antec 1200 case,Zalman 9900 H/S, Win7/home,64 bit. Logitech G5,G15(newer),and marble mouse. 3DMARK06=20,530. NIS 2013.
Knuckles
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 900
Posted:4/22/2010 2:07:00 AM # 3

Quote:
Author: Pizano Posted: 4/21/2010 8:26:00 AM

Hi guys, just did my first build using an ASUS M4A79XTD EVO. Seems like an awesome board. However, upon BOOTING into BIOS after installing all items in my case and making sure everything was connected properly, I get a "Adapter 1 - Hard drive not detected" error message IMMEDIATELY after the system POST.

I made sure my optical and HDD are both plugged into. I have tried plugging my optical into the SATA 1 on motherboard and Harddisk drive on SATA 2 and vice versa.

I went into BIOS and changed the boot order from my HDD to my CD/DVD drive.

I then was able to Successfully install Windows 7. I got to my desktop and installed one microsoft update before rebooting. Upon reboot, SAME issue again.

"Hard disk not detected"

I have switched the boot order, checked the SATA cables, I went into the MAIN window in BIOS and both my Harddisk drive and Optical drive are listed CORRECTLY with their model #'s and etc... SO I do not UNDERSTAND this.

I also changed the store configuration from IDE to AHCI: still nothing.

I am RE-using this harddrive (Western Digital Caviar Green 500gb 7200RPM) from my previous computer (Cyberpower PC). The computer came with Winsows 7 installed on it's harddrive etc....

Please help me out here, I will greatly appreciate any responses... Thank you

-Alberto Pizano

The Adapter-1 Hard Drive Not Detected message comes up on boot-up only if you have the Marvell eSATA controller enabled in the BIOS and you don't have any drive connected to it. If you disable the Marvell controller or power up a drive connected to this controller you will either not see this message (with controller set to Disabled) or you would see the drive listed (connected and powered) here. So the message is normal, it has nothing at all to do with drives connected to the AMD controller. The Marvell controller operates the back panel eSATA connection and the internal SATA connection marked as SATA_E1. The AMD controller operates SATA1, SATA2, SATA3, SATA4, SATA5 & SATA6. 

Paul
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 16
Posted:4/22/2010 4:42:00 AM # 4
knuckles is right on.  I posted the same questions months ago though it didn't appear I was having problems.  I disabled the controller, the message goes away, I'm happy and things are working great so far.
The info included with the manual isn't worth the ink it was printed with.

ASUS M4A79T Deluxe - AMD X4-955-Corsair XMS3 8GB DDR3 Memory-XFX HD-487A-ZHFC Radeon HD 4870 1GB Vid card - Sony & Pioneer DVD Drives-HAF922 Case-1 WD 1TB, 1 Seagate 1TB and 1 Rack Drive-HVR 2250 & HDHomerun Tuners- Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium- Acer H233H monitor Tri Boot/XP/Vista/W7 Custom Built ASUS M4A79T Deluxe - AMD X4-955-Corsair XMS3 8GB DDR3 Memory-XFX HD-487A-ZHFC Radeon HD 4870 1GB Vid card - Sony & Pioneer DVD Drives-HAF922 Case-1 WD 1TB, 1 Seagate 1TB and 1 Rack Drive-HVR 2250 & HDHomerun Tuners- Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium- Acer H233H monitor Tri Boot/XP/Vista/W7 -------------------- #2-M4A79XTD EVO-AMD X40925-4GB Corsair Ballistix Tracer DDR3 1600-Antec 750 PSU-Sony DVD/RW-2-1TB HD's- Zalman CNPS9700 LED heatsink-1 ext., 1 int. Cablecard tuner in a Coolermaster 690 II case-W7 x64 Ultimate
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.