Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > M4A79XTD EVO  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]BIOS Update Tool for Windows 7 64 Bit New Topic
DumpTruck
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:1/24/2010 1:48:00 AM # 1

I'm trying to update the BIOS for this Mobo, and select Windows 7 64 Bit from the download page for "Afudos BIOS update tool V2.38" but get an error when trying run the application that says "this version of the file is not compatible with the version of Windows you are running...check to see if you need a 32 bit or 64 bit version and contact the manufacturer."

I don't have a floppy drive, so does anyone know a version of this tool or another one that will allow me to flash the BIOS from Windows 7 64 Bit?

Thanks!

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18481
Posted:1/24/2010 1:55:00 AM # 2
Hi D..

You have to get into DOS to use Afudos... and without a floppy drive, than can be a chore.  If you try to run Afudos from a DOS window, you run into problems.  Probably best to use EZ Flash to do a BIOS revision if one is necessary.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
DumpTruck
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:1/24/2010 2:56:00 AM # 3
Thanks Ulrich.  That makes sense, but where can I download EZFlash?  I don't see it when searching for it, and Afudos is the only one that shows up in the download section under BIOS utilities for this board.

Ulrich
Level :
Tech Points : 18481
Posted:1/24/2010 6:10:00 AM # 4
Hi D..

EZ Flash is actually already on your system... a special program that is written right into the BIOS program...    In your BIOS, you have a heading called 'Tools' and you should find EZ Flash in there...

There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.