ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > M4A79T Deluxe  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]M4A79T Deluxe Raid 1 setup problem. New Topic
Waqs
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:11/27/2009 3:48:00 AM # 1
Hi, I recently bought an Asus M4A79T Deluxe for a new build other parts include: Amd Phenom x4 6GB DDR3 4870x2 2 x 1TB WesternDigital 7200rpm SATA HDD and a SATA pioneer Blu-ray Writer. The probem I am having is in setting up a RAID 1 configuration. In the POST all 3 SATA devices are read, the 2 HDD and the Blu-ray writer, However when i enter the "Fast Build Utility" (built into to the motherboard) to setup the RAID 1, only 1 HDD and the Blu-ray writer are read. I have tried swapping around which channel each device is connected to, even taken the blu-ray out and tried it,and i have rest the BIOS several times but it makes no difference the second HDD is not read in the Utility, but is in the BIOS and POST. Thanks any help please?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Napsterbater
Level :
Tech Points : 45
Posted:11/27/2009 7:08:00 AM # 2
Just to confirm you have in the BIOS the "Storage Configuration" SATA ports 1-4 set to RAID and the HDD's plugged in to 1-4?(SATA1 is the top one) (note the latest BIOS Has an Option to allow AHCI/IDE on 2 ports (port 5 and the ESATA port) and RAID on ports 1-4, you may need this with the SATA BD-ROM)

Waqs
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:11/28/2009 2:43:00 AM # 3
I only have 3 SATA ports, in the Storage Configuration it dosn't specify RAID IDE OR AHCI for each SATA port just a general setting for all ports. The HDD's are plugged into channel 1 & 2 the BD-ROM plugged into channel 3, I have tried switching these around..
I think i will try to update the BIOS though, havn't tried that.

Waqs
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:11/28/2009 3:17:00 AM # 4
Just updated BIOS, still same problem.

toolie
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 5
Posted:11/29/2009 2:16:00 AM # 5
I have tried all sorts to get RAID0 going using this mobo. Just about fed up with it to tell the truth. Has anyone ever managed to set up RAID successfully on this M4A79T Deluxe mobo? My thinking now is of returning the board to Ebuyer as being unfit for purpose.

pawpaw
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:11/30/2009 4:34:00 AM # 6
Yes, that's how I ran across your post. My problem is installing the AHCI RAID file. V311540127. It contains only a .SYS file for 7.
Quote:
Author: toolie Posted: 11/29/2009 2:16:00 AM

I have tried all sorts to get RAID0 going using this mobo. Just about fed up with it to tell the truth. Has anyone ever managed to set up RAID successfully on this M4A79T Deluxe mobo? My thinking now is of returning the board to Ebuyer as being unfit for purpose.

Waqs
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:11/30/2009 7:18:00 AM # 7
I think thats the problem i cant install the AHCI RAID driver file. V311540127 either...
anyone have a solution or advise how to install the driver?

billb
Level :
Tech Points : 801
Posted:11/30/2009 11:01:00 AM # 8
At the beginning of an OS install a message flashes on the bottom of the screen. Something like "Press F6 to install drivers". Well, do that. Put the drivers on a floppy disk or a thumb drive.

M5A99X EVO R2.0, Teem Vulcan (4x4gig), Samsung 840 Pro 256 gig
pawpaw
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:12/1/2009 6:04:00 AM # 9

Quote:
Author: billb Posted: 11/30/2009 11:01:00 AM

At the beginning of an OS install a message flashes on the bottom of the screen. Something like "Press F6 to install drivers". Well, do that. Put the drivers on a floppy disk or a thumb drive.

1. You mean I have to re-install the OS, to install this one .SYS file ?
2. Will Win 7 install the .SYS file ? It does not seem to be configured , like the MAKE DISK , that is there for XP & Vista.
3. Is there some reason ASUS cannot put a unified , single file, for WIN 7 , on the website?
 Instead of everyone having to D/L all these files , seperately?
4.I would Think they must be installed in some particular order, or is it just willy-nilly?
5.  I intended to build at least 1 more comp. , around these boards ,& processor. Perhaps another brand of MB , would offer a better level of support.  OR at least, a driver CD for Win 7.
 I BREATHLESSLY await answers to these pressing Questions !

toolie
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:12/3/2009 2:51:00 AM # 10

Quote:
Author: billb Posted: 11/30/2009 11:01:00 AM

I've installed RAID drivers into various OS before, using the F6 key. With this mobo I have tried with 3 different XP pro OS and reconfiguring the sata drives as advised by the Asus support line - with the same failure results each time.

After reinstalling Xp pro over 10 times to get RAID working - without success - over 30 man hours of work I am ready to give up.

I repeat my question: Has anybody ever got RAID0 working using Xp and this Mobo?

1 2  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.