ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > M4A78LT-M  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Asus support DVD New Topic
Rod
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:7/7/2011 7:24:00 PM # 1
I've had these support dvds with motherboards in the past, and never quite known which parts of them if any are needed or not.
The motherboard seems to work well without it, and are the drivers on the dvd really up to date or needed?
On my old A7V333 motherboard, loading the VIA 4-in-1 drivers from the CD/DVD seemed to make it worse if anything. The board never really coped with USB-2 on a regular basis and I'd hate to mess up this good motherboard by loading all sorts of unknown dross onto it from the DVD.
There's no help to be found for what the content actually is or does, and I'd expect a manufactured dvd to be a little behind the times in the current driver status, so what use are all the individual content files and where can I find support for the support dvd?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Pro-Audio & Film professional engineer ASUS M4A78L-M, Athlon II x2 250, 2GB, Win XP sp3, Ubuntu 11.04, ASUS DR-1418L, Audigy 2
zerocool
Level :
Tech Points : 3894
Posted:7/7/2011 9:41:00 PM # 2
I tend to agree, the drivers on the disk were probably outdated before you got the machine put together.  If running windows 7, then probably the default drivers will be sufficient.  If you go into device manager and see any yellow exclamation points or if anything just doesn't seem to be working as it should, then go to the downloads area for this board and download the driver that you need.  The only non-default windows 7 drivers that I am currently running are for my video card and for my new wireless surround sound headphones.

*******Bad BIOS Flash and Dead Board Testing. ***** ALL Boards ***** http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20090420211645831&board_id=1&model=Maximus+Formula&page=1&SLanguage=en-us
Rod
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:7/8/2011 7:31:00 PM # 3
Thanks for the help. I installed just about all of it and it seems fine apart from the intermittent LAN connection, but that's another post.
I'm avoiding Windows 7 and sticking with a nice fresh install of my trusty old XP and the latest version of Ubuntu.

Pro-Audio & Film professional engineer ASUS M4A78L-M, Athlon II x2 250, 2GB, Win XP sp3, Ubuntu 11.04, ASUS DR-1418L, Audigy 2
zerocool
Level :
Tech Points : 3894
Posted:7/8/2011 10:19:00 PM # 4
Glad you got it going.  Yeah, XP will probably need some of the drivers from that disk or you may want to go to the downloads area that I linked to above if some don't work properly, such as the LAN you described.

*******Bad BIOS Flash and Dead Board Testing. ***** ALL Boards ***** http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20090420211645831&board_id=1&model=Maximus+Formula&page=1&SLanguage=en-us
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: Ulrich New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.