Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:5/10/2010 6:51:00 AM # 1
Phenom II X6 1090T - BIOS 0906

The following settings do not work properly;

Disabling Cool 'n' Quiet from bios
Disabling Turbo Core from bios
Changing CPU voltage from bios

I can make the above changes in bios, however they do not actually apply.

For example, I can disable Turbo Core from bios, but when I boot into Windows (7 x64) turbo core is still enabled. The same goes for cool 'n' quiet, and custom voltages.

In order to overclock, I need to use amd overdrive.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Andy
Level :
Posted:5/29/2010 7:44:00 AM # 2

Some of the same problems here.

Phenom II X6 1090T  - Bios 0906

TurboCore, Cool'n'quiet, and CPU Overvoltage aren't working together, but rather against each other.

I "disabled" the CPB (core power boost) and CnQ.  I manually overclocked the processor by raising the multiplier to x19.  I then changed the CPU Overvoltage to 1.45v.

CPUz shows the VID as1.328v.  Core Temp shows the VID as 1.2750v.  CPUID HWmonitor shows the CPU VCORE with values from 1.31v up to 1.50v.  CPUz also shows the Core Speed for the chip as fluctating from 800 mhz up to 3800 mhz.

I actually watched the Core speed fluctuate from between 800mhz, 1600mhz, 3200mhz, and 3800mhz during a Prime 95 blend test.??????

Andy
Level :
Posted:5/30/2010 9:16:00 AM # 3

Oh yeah...

and I can't properly overclock with AMD overdrive because I can't determine what I'm actually setting these values at!

ex: the CPU Overvoltage is set to 1.45v in Bios...in AMD Overdrive the setting is at 1.2750v...but if I put that any higher using the slider...the temperatures for the CPU shoot for 62 degrees almost imediately!!!

this has to be something wrong in the BIOS because I have seen way to many other 785g boards being able to bios overclock these chips to 4.0ghz on air with voltages less than 1.45v...

I'm getting frustrated!

Andy
Level :
Posted:6/7/2010 8:24:00 AM # 4

Come one people...(Asus included)...there has to be an answer for this...

Or at a bare minimum, tell me that there will be a bios update to fix this issue.

Clearly, Cool'n'quiet and Cor Performance Boost can NOT be turned off via bios.  There needs to be a fix for this so that I can to a proper overclock using this motherboard!!!

doonsy
Level :
Posted:6/19/2010 12:30:00 PM # 5
The support I received was piss poor to be honest. I've heard through the internet grape vine that they are currently beta testing new bios' for this specific model, among others. So we need to wait some more...

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.