Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > M3A32-MVP DELUXE/WIFI-AP  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Front panel mic jack New Topic
jester0770
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:8/9/2008 4:58:00 AM # 1
I have been using this mobo for about 5 months with no problems.  I use it in my gaming pc and play a mmorpg.  They just integrated a voice chat system and i decided to try it.  I hooked my headphone/mic up to the front panel jacks on my antec 900 case, and they only half worked.  I could hear the sound but could not use the mic.  I checked in the manual and saw I would need to change a setting in the bios and reinstall the audio driver.  I did this and it all worked.  At the end of the night I shut my pc down.  The next morning my mic doesn't work.  I restart the comp and check the bios.  It is set the way it's suppose to be so I reinstall the audio driver, and the mic works again.  Well it has had to be reinstalled everyday since i originally got the front panel mic to work.  Any ideas?

M3A32-MVP Deluxe/WIFI-AP

Crucial Ballistix Dual Channel 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz EPP Memory (4x 1024MB)

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ Processor ADX6400CZBOX - 3.20GHz, 2 x 1MB Cache, 1000MHz (2000 MT/s) FSB, Windsor, Dual-Core, Retail, Socket AM2, Processor

Dual Visiontek Radeon HD 2600 XT Video Card - 512MB GDDR3, PCI Express, CrossFire Ready, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV, HDMI Support, Video Card

Windows XP Home sp3
 Any other specs needed let me know.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Clouseau
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 752
Posted:8/9/2008 2:01:00 PM # 2
I know this is of no help to you but you might want to start looking into upgrading to VISTA.  The updated driver found at www.sonicfocus.com unfortunately is only for VISTA.  It fixed the bugs in the driver found on the ASUS download site.

For a cheap work around, buy a usb mic and headphone setup.  The one I use cost less than $30.00.  In VISTA I have to set the headphone as the defualt audio device and then it works.  All I needed to do was to set this once.  I have not set the defualt device manually to anything but the mic&headphone combo.  This allows the headphones to work automatically now when they are plugged in.  When not plugged in, the speakers are defualted to.

Antec900 case|PhenomII 940BE (3.57Ghz @ 1.4325v)|Zalman CPNS9700NT|M3A32-MVP Deluxe WiFi/AP|Bios 1903|MSI Twin Frozr III HD6950|Catalyst 12.3|8GB(4x2GB)DDR2-800@840 G.Skill PI-Black (4-4-4-12 @ 1.82v)|2xWD1600YS in Raid0|Antec HCP-1200|Pioneer BDC-202 Blu-ray ROM|ASUS E616A3T DVD-ROM|ASUS DRW-1814BLT DVD-RW|VISTA Ultimate x64 SP2
jester0770
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:8/10/2008 1:48:00 AM # 3
Thx for that tip problem is i don't wanna get vista to many other things that I don't like.   I might have to go buy a usb headset though.

glaros
Level :
Tech Points : 4
Posted:9/10/2008 3:22:00 AM # 4
Hi there,

I think for front panel AUDIO input and output plugs, you have
to activate AC'97 option within BIOS setup configuration.

Had problem with my mic too, not being heard in the speakers when I was talking. Problem solved simply like this (at least for my problem):

Install audio drivers as usual. Go to Soundmax control panel.
In the 'Record: SoundMAX HD Audio' panel, click MIC's
advanced options. Make sure 'front panel microphone' box is unticked.
Reboot your PC. Insert MIC. Then select 'Front panel microphone' in the soundMAX control panel and then
use your microphone with what ever application you wish (skype, etc.)
When you finish using microphone untick 'front panel microphone' box.

In other words, each time you finish using microphone make sure that you untick 'front panel microphone' box within soundMAX control panel.  If you reboot your PC with this option ticked, you will have to untick it, then reboot your PC and then tick it again in order to make microphone work. So keep this box ticked only when you use microphone.

Not sure why this strange solution works for me...

Don't know if this will be of any use to you. Hope it helps though.
Good luck.

Asus M3A32 MVP Deluxe/WiFi, AMD K8 4800+,2xWD(HDD) 320GB SATA2, 4GB(2x2GB)OCZ Reaper DDR2 800MHz, DVD-RAM Optiarc 7191A, ADSL(15Mbps/1Mbps), BIOS 1002, OS:WinXP SP3 32bit & Win7 32bit
billybeag
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:9/11/2008 9:02:00 AM # 5
I got really fed up with this, I found the same solution but I couldn't remember the untick half the time, and every time I went into the SoundMax control panel I found one of the Microphone settings was muted, I have a button on my Mike for that anyway... grr.
At odd times it just wouldn't recognise the front panel sockets existed, let alone that something was plugged in.
In the end I just went and bought a splitter for the headphone jack and used the rear sockets for both Mike and Headphones.
Eventually I went back to my PCI Soundcard. That is 4 years old now and nobody complains I sound like Barry White, rather than the chuechter they are used to on Ventrilo.

M3A32-MVP Deluxe WiFI/AP Phenom 9950 BE 2x1Gb Crucial Ballistix DDR2 8500 HD4870 1Gb Windows 7 ultimate 64
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.