ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > M3A32-MVP DELUXE/WIFI-AP  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]showing SMBIOS error New Topic
Aino
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:3/11/2008 2:46:00 AM # 1
hi, since yesterday when booting at start beeps two times and just after the "checking nvram" the bios shows this message:

Not enough space in Runtime area. SMBIOS data will not be available. Press f1 to resume.

if I press f1 nothing happens, I still can enter into the bios but no more. In the ami bios beep codes reference there is nothing about 2 beeps only 1 and 3, What I tried is:

googled the message, the solutions are clear the smbios event log in the bios config but there is not such option in our bios,

unplugged everything, replaced a 600W power supply for a 750W, changed the video card, reflashed the bios to 0603 then again to 0902, cleared the cmos via jumper, removed the battery. I never overclocked it, it's only 15 days old.

any other idea?? someone suffered the same??

my specs:
phenom 9600 be
2 x 1gb 667 kingston
750W psu coolermaster
msi 3870
250gb sata2 seagate hdd.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
slover
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/13/2008 4:45:00 AM # 2
What you are discribing is the same problem I had,  what I finaly did to fix my problem was us the cd that came with the motherboard and flash the cmos but make sure I used the option to clear the Nvram at the same time.  By holding down the CTRL and Page UP keys while turning on the computer and hold them until you here a series of beep codes that will indicate that it is doing the update.  After it is done your computer should boot up ok.

Good Luck

Aino
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/16/2008 6:20:00 PM # 3
OMG!! Slover you are my savior!!!

Asus tech support sent me instructions that didn't solved the problem, the guy at store declared  a bad bios mobo and told me that I must wait 2 weeks to have a replace. Your method works great, but had to solve some issues:

I figured out that only works if first turn on the pc and just after that press ctrl and page up, then hold them until the dvd-rom busy led blinked. Then I had to wait 2 minutes (may be more) until the 4 fast beep codes.

Didn't work with a IDE dvd-rom, i had to use a SATA dvd-rom.

Thank you so much, my mobo is alive jejeje

Basting
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/19/2008 7:42:00 AM # 4

Hello,

Please can you tell me exactly what you have done that this error is gone away??

Because I have the same problem and I don´t know what I should do.

Your last posts and Slovers too I don´t really know what I should do.

I would be very pleased if you would tell me how you fixed the problem :)

Please send me an e-mail. My adress is minimoise@gmx.de.

Thank you very much :)

Basting
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/20/2008 12:18:00 AM # 5

Someone else an idea?

I don´t know what I should do :(

Please someone help me.

Aino
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/20/2008 7:42:00 AM # 6
Hi, I will explain what I did:

First, you will need a dvd drive with serial ata interface, I tried with an ide drive but didn't work.

1- unplug everything from the motherboard, only connect: psu, videocard, one memory module, power button, internal speaker and the sata dvd drive.

2- turn on the computer and insert the dvd disk that came with the motherboard and turn it off

3- normally when you turn on the computer, there is a lapse of about 5 seconds before the first beep sound . In that space of time you must press "ctrl" and "F4" and keep pressed for about 30 seconds.

4- If you done right, the monitor will not show nothing, no beep sounds and you will need to wait for about 3 minutes. After this the motherboard will emit 4 fast beep codes and will reboot automatically, and the motherboard will come to life again.

5- But if after pressing ctrl and f4 the motherboard starts to emit beep sounds separated for about 20 seconds is because it did'nt found the bios file in the dvd drive, you'll need to try again or change the dvd drive.

Hope you get fixed soon. Good luck.

Basting
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/21/2008 4:38:00 AM # 7
It doesn`t work =(
You sure that the steps you wrote are correct, because in the second post it was written that "Ctrl" + "Page Up" has to be press.
With the Disk. which came with the motherboard, you mean the Driver Disk or?

Aino
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/21/2008 10:05:00 AM # 8
yep, the disk is the dvd driver disk that came with the motherboard,

you must to press ctrl + page up just after turning on the computer. you can try first press "Ctrl" keep pressed, then press "Page Up" and keep pressed both.

Basting
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/23/2008 7:45:00 PM # 9
It works :D *juhu*
Thank you very very very very very very much Aino :)
The funny thing is, after the problem was solved and I started my computer I must see that my Vista was chrashed :D, because Alcohol 120% had installed a virtual drive driver an vista don´t want them :D

Aino
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/25/2008 10:40:00 AM # 10

Excellent! I'm glad to see you success :) 
Do you remember what bios had installed when the problem came? I had the 0902 and I'm thinking that is one of the reasons to black out the file in the Asus site.

1 2 3  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.