ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > M2A-VM  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Can't Run ASSETUP.EXE New Topic
paputxi
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:7/10/2008 1:43:00 AM # 1
I just replaced my old motherboard in my computer (it died) with the M2A-VM motherboard.  It won't boot up into normal Win XP (using my old hard drive) due to driver problems (says its missing drivers for SM Bus Controller, Video Controller, Ethernet Controller, etc.) but will boot up in Safe Mode. 

I then put the ASUS DVD that came with the motherboard wanting to install those drivers.  Since it does not start up automatically, I went in the the BIN folder and tried to execute ASSETUP.EXE per the user's manual, p. 3-2.  However, I get three error messages:  "Can't Execute Kernel Mode Driver Services", "Can't load ASUSHWIO.DLL" and "Can't Load ASCDDMI.DLL".

Does anyone know a workaround for this problem?  Not being able to install all these drivers prevents me from booting into Normal Mode. Thanks in advance.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Johnson
Level :
Posted:2/9/2009 10:09:00 AM # 2

Likewise, I just replaced an Abit K8N/AMD x2 with a P5Q Pro/Core2Duo e8500 and I had the same problem.

The system could read CDs & DVDs, because I was able to install drivers off them, but I couldn't autorun the motherboard CD or even view the contents pf a CD and have continual BSODs.

I tried an XP repair but with no result.

Anyone know of a solution?

Infernocs
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:2/9/2009 6:22:00 PM # 3
First rule of computer repair:
If you change your mobo to a new model, do a complete reinstall of Windows.

Johnson
Level :
Posted:2/9/2009 8:55:00 PM # 4
How right you are... the asus cd is a pain though - it reboots when installing the intel drivers but the boot sector of the Cd is dud so if you've left your bios to boot from CD it hangs.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: Ulrich New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.