SEARCH
ASUS Member ID
Password
Forgot password?
Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > K8V SE Deluxe  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]No drive attached to Fast Track controller, Bios is not installed New Topic
F
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:9/29/2008 2:08:00 AM # 1
Hello All,

While booting my system, after "scaning IDE drives" I get the following message:

"No driver attached to Fast track controller, Bios is not installed" 

After that the system starts and I do not have any major problems. From what I have read so far, it seems that the message error is related to the raid controller and I need to do something in the BIOS, advance part, but I want to make sure i am not going to mess up things. Initially I want to upgrade the BIOS but I believe this would not eliminate the error message.

I work with 2 hard disks: one with interface IDE and another one with a serial ATA interface. I do use raid.

Any help please! As you may have noticed my technical computer knowlege is very limited.

THANKS!

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Joseantonio
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 13
Posted:9/30/2008 11:29:00 PM # 2

That is not an error message, but just a statement: no HD's are attached to the FastTrack Controller.
As you don't have any HD connected to the Promise (FastTrack) controller, you could disable it  (BIOS-Advanced-On-Board Devices Config - Promise Controller - Disable); this would shorten the start-up of your system, by not having to explore the four Promise Controller's interfaces. You won't mess-up anything by doing this.

And if you don't have a clear reason to upgrade your BIOS, better leave it like it is. A few systems have been screwed-up during BIOS upgrading (just browse through this Forum, and draw your own conclusions).
 Enjoy your system.

Mira
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:11/30/2008 11:35:00 PM # 3
I also have me the same error. I have climbed on n.2 HD Pata and some before visualizing the error they originate numerous noises from the motherboard as many "clak".  
To the first start the 2 hd are not usually seen from the system but to the second reboot all ok.  
Help my!!!!

Joseantonio
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 13
Posted:12/9/2008 11:50:00 PM # 4

From the noises you describe, and the failure to recognize the HD's during the first boot attempt, I guess that one of your HD's is being slow to spin up and getting ready to transfer any data. It could be caused by some mechanical failure on the HD or by a low DC voltage on its power connector (or poor contact of its pins).

First you should find out which one is failing (by just unplugging the  DC and Signal cable connectors from one of the HD's at a time ). Then either replace the HD or its DC cable & plug.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.