Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > K8S-MX  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]K8S-LA Motherboard Questions New Topic
AnnaBeaver
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:6/14/2008 2:04:00 PM # 1
I'm curious as to why the K8S-LA (Salmon) Motherboard has little or no information available on the ASUS site?  It's their motherboard that they manufactured, but for some reason the closest thing to the "K8S-LA" model name is the "K8S-MX".  If I had to guess, I'd say that the two are not compatible in terms of drivers.

I'm just wondering if there is anything regarding the K8S-LA motherboard on this site? It's almost as if they've created a make believe motherboard. I could understand a lack of information, updates etc. if the motherboard was like 5 or more years old but it's only 2 years old.

I'm having some issues with my pc, that I'm won't go into explaining. I've taken a number of steps to correct the issue by installing a new hard drive, 512mb graphics card, reinstalling the WinXP OS, updated every relevant driver I could lay my hands on(with the exception of a bios update for the motherboard) and so on. Needless to say after all the upgrades, driver updates etc. that really leaves me with a possible motherboard issue. My problem is...how do I positively determine wether or not there is or is not a mobo issue? Is there a utility download that I could use, or some technical info, a list of possible issues / bugs that I could view? Something......anything that could assit me in determining if there are any issues with the mobo.

I appreciate any help / info that I can get!

Of course the mobo model is the "K8S-LA". SIS 760 rev2 Chipset, AMD Athlon 64 3400+ 2.4ghz Socket 754.

Thanks again for any info!!

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
H82LUZ
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 12
Posted:2/20/2009 11:45:00 PM # 2
they are only made for oem like compaq.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Asus M3A79-T Deluxe Using Onboard SoundMax (HD AUDIO for movies) Corsair TX950W Power Supply AMD PhenomII 965 @3.8 gig The Black Box (Zalman CNPS-9700NT heatsink) Corsair Dominator CM2X4048-8500C5DF 2x Sapphire 6970 GDDR5 in CrossfireX 500 Gig Seagate SATA(32mb) 2x500 Gig Seagate SATA(16mb) 200 Gig Maxtor SATA LG GGC-H20L SuperMultiBlue CoolerMaster HAF-X with extra top 200mmm fan 40 Inch Samsung HDTV (monitor)
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: Ulrich New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.