ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > Crosshair V Formula  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]system shuts down New Topic
saps18
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:6/20/2011 2:17:00 AM # 1
Hi Just got a new rig built AMD Phenom X6 1100T BE Asus Crosshair V Formula Coolermaster V6GT CPU Cooler Kingston DD3 8GB RAM ASUS GTX560Ti DCUII WD Velociraptor 150GB Hitachi 2TB CoolerMaster Silent Pro 700W PSU The system runs fine normally when I am say watching movies or surfing listening to music etc. But when I am playing games it just shuts down at random intervals. I would assume it might be something to do with system heating, but all the temp seem to be normal got both the CPU and MB (49 C and 35 C resp), though I havent been able to check by Graphic card temp, is there is any way to check that. I cant seem to find out what the problem is. After it shuts down I cant power the system back on. I have to unplug the power cable wait a while recoonect it to the PSU and then the system will turn back on. Its a new system and it is really annoying for this to happen. I had posted earlier that I get CPU Fan error at startup, but I just ignored it from the BIOS as suggested by the ASUS ROG forum, I have as CM V6GT CPU Cooler and I can see the fans spinning and it works. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
HHC
Administrator
Level :
Tech Points : 9939
Posted:6/20/2011 2:20:00 PM # 2
You can perhaps try to check if you have connected the EZPlug.  If yes, try disconnect the molex connected to EZPlug and check if that makes any difference.

The other places worth looking into for overheat are the VGA and the PSU.  I will suggest to try stressing the VGA using Furmark, and monitor the temperature and voltage draw from in there to find out whether it is related to VGA, PSU, or neither of them.

本討論區中並沒有華碩客服人員進駐,若您在討論區無法找到適切的答案,或是希望直接與華碩工程師對話時,請透過技術支援表單詢問。網址:http://vip.asus.com/eservice/techserv.aspx
華碩「筆記型電腦」與「EEE PC」的使用者也可以透過線上即時交流系統(目前為測試中)與華碩工程師線上即時交流。網址:http://vip.asus.com/im_tw/imLogin.aspx
服務時間:週一至週五(09:00 - 18:00)
Tonyb
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 953
Posted:6/20/2011 8:04:00 PM # 3
The fact that you have to unplug the power cable and wait a while sounds like your PSU is tripping out, they have a thermal shutdown that prevents them restarting for a period of time 20/30 mins usually, it could be your problem. Excessive power draw might be overheating the PSU as it only happens in games. Coolermaster PSU's have OVP (over volt protection), UVP (under volt protection), OCP (over current protection), SCP (short circuit protection), OPP (over power protection) and OTP ( over temperature protection) which shuts the PSU down if too hot, I think the working temp is 40c so over this would cause a shutdown.

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, O/S, Thermaltake Kandalf case (extensively modded), SABERTOOTH 990 FX, Bios ver.0813, FX 8150 , 2x G.SKILL RipjawsX F3-17000CL9D-8GBXLD (16gig) @ 2133mhz 9-11-9-28-40-1T, 2x ATI HD5870 Crossfired, Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 1200watt PSU, Corsair Force Series 3 120GB SSD 3x1 terabyte Seagate barracuda drives, Tribe VX water cooling, 2x24" Asus VH242 HDMI Monitors, 1 LG 24", 1 Samsung 32" HDMI.
j7
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:6/26/2011 8:39:00 AM # 4
THIS BOARD IS FRIGGIN PSYCO.... IT HATES EVERYTHING... TRIED, 2 PC CASES...HARD DRIVES.. CABLES OF ALL KINDS, IT EVEN HATES ITS OWN BIOS.... I HAD TO GO THRU 4 HARD DRIVES, 5 DRIVE POWER CABLES, 3 OPERATING SYSTEMS... UNTIL I FOUND A COMBINATION THAT IT WOULD TOLERATE... 9 HRS IT TOOK !!!!!

I FINALLY HAVE NO MORE FREEZING, RANDOM POWERCYCLING, RED LED HDD ERROR LIGHT, MY GOD WHAT A PIECE OF DOGCRAP THIS BOARD IS..

MY LAST PROBLEM IS AUDIO.. ITS HEADPHONE LOUD ONLY... HAVE SET ALL THE SNDBLSTER STUFF TO MAX, WIN AUDIO TO MAX, EAX EAQ TO MAX, I CANT GET ANY LOUDNESS OUT OF IT...

ASUS THIS BOARD IS A PIECE OF DOGCRAP JUST LIKE YOU USED TO MAKE ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO !!!! 

YOUR MISSING PAGE 2=11  IN THE MANUAL,  YOUR BIOS HAS NO WAY TO ENTER IT IF YOU DIABLE THE FULL SCREEN LOGO AND YOUR BOARD IS A FLAKEY UNSTABLE PIECE OF CRAP !!!!!!!!

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: Ulrich New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.