Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > A8N32-SLI Deluxe  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]ASUS CrashFree BIOS *solved* New Topic
Tharon
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:10/4/2008 6:46:00 PM # 1
After a bios upgrade went bad, (not beta) the bios wont post. No beeps, no nothing. Just a machine that runs but nothing on the screen. Just black. The monitor does not turn on. Stays in standby. NumLock does not light up.
I have read numerous topics here that by using the ASUS CrashFree BIOS recovery cd, I could fix the problem. But then again, a new problem has occured.
I bought this motherboard as a DEMO-item from a shop, and no cd's, manuals, cables or nothing. Just the motherboard.

So my question is, are there anywhere I can Download the cd for this particular card?

I have tried everything mentioned in other posts, but no luck. This is the last thing to test, so I hope someone can help me.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
stealth
Level :
Tech Points : 836
Posted:10/4/2008 9:09:00 PM # 2

Quote:
Author: Tharon Posted: 10/4/2008 6:46:00 PM

After a bios upgrade went bad, (not beta) the bios wont post.

What do you mean went bad,what exactly happen?How you tried to update the Bios?

Try just PSU,CPU,one HD,one graphics card in the top slot and a memory stick in B1 slot.

Clear CMOS (unplag the PSU from the wall outlet,remove the battery and move the jumper from possition 1-2 to 2-3 for 10-15",then put the battery back to the slot and the jumper in to possition 1-2),and try to boot holding down INS key.

Download a manual from here:

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?model=A8N32-SLI%20Deluxe&SLanguage=en-us

stealth

A8N32-SLI Deluxe, AMD Opteron 185 2.6Ghz(Toledo)@3003mhz(273X11, 1.3v,HT 1365mhz), Asus EN8800GTX 768MB, Corsair Twinx 2048-3500LLPRO@DDR546 3-3-2-6 1T 2.8v, WD120GB SATA2, WD250 SATA2, X-Fi Fatality, NEC ND 4551A LabelFlash, PCP&C 750Watt Quad.
billb
Level :
Tech Points : 801
Posted:10/5/2008 12:07:00 AM # 3
Try booting the computer while holding down the <INS> key.
If the BIOS is corrupted to the point that a post is not possible, a new BIOS chip may be required.

The owners manual and all the programs included in the box with the motherboard are available on this website (Click Support on the main page. All are probably newer that what would have been in the box. The newest chipset drivers are available on Nvidia's website.

M5A99X EVO R2.0, Teem Vulcan (4x4gig), Samsung 840 Pro 256 gig
Tharon
Level :
Posted:10/5/2008 2:38:00 AM # 4

Quote:
Author: stealth Posted: 10/4/2008 9:09:00 PM

What do you mean went bad,what exactly happen?How you tried to update the Bios?

Try just PSU,CPU,one HD,one graphics card in the top slot and a memory stick in B1 slot.

Clear CMOS (unplag the PSU from the wall outlet,remove the battery and move the jumper from possition 1-2 to 2-3 for 10-15",then put the battery back to the slot and the jumper in to possition 1-2),and try to boot holding down INS key.

Download a manual from here:

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?model=A8N32-SLI%20Deluxe&SLanguage=en-us

stealth

Well. Nothing went bad according to the flash utility in windows. Everything went just fine, but when rebooting nothing happens. No halts, no beeps no nothing. Just a black screen.

I have tried what you have written numerous times with no results what so frickin ever.
Therefor I asked for a place to download the support-cd.

@billb:
I have searched the support and download and can't find a way to download the cd.

stealth
Level :
Tech Points : 836
Posted:10/5/2008 4:17:00 AM # 5

Quote:
Author: Tharon Posted: 10/5/2008 2:38:00 AM

I have tried what you have written numerous times with no results what so frickin ever.
Therefor I asked for a place to download the support-cd.

Actually there is not a support cd you can download,the support cd contains the Bios and the drivers from the download support page that existed at the time the board came out.

Even if you had a support cd i don't think it was going to be useful,you need to make the board to P.O.S.T. first to recover the Bios from the cd.

May your only chance to make it work is to try to start the mobo out of the case.

stealth

A8N32-SLI Deluxe, AMD Opteron 185 2.6Ghz(Toledo)@3003mhz(273X11, 1.3v,HT 1365mhz), Asus EN8800GTX 768MB, Corsair Twinx 2048-3500LLPRO@DDR546 3-3-2-6 1T 2.8v, WD120GB SATA2, WD250 SATA2, X-Fi Fatality, NEC ND 4551A LabelFlash, PCP&C 750Watt Quad.
Tharon
Level :
Posted:10/5/2008 5:27:00 PM # 6
I was afraid of that. I tried with the board out of the case, but no go. It's dead.
I ordered a new ROM, so I will give you feedback when I have changed the ROM.
Thanks for your time both of you.

Tharon
Level :
Posted:10/5/2008 10:52:00 PM # 7
Could this be a possible solution?

Modern motherboards have a boot-block BIOS. This is small area of the BIOS that doesn't get overwritten when you flash a BIOS. The boot-block BIOS only has support for the floppy drive. If you have a PCI video card you won't see anything on the screen because the boot-block BIOS only supports an ISA videocard.

AMI: The AMI boot-block BIOS will look for a AMIBOOT.ROM file on a diskette. Copy and rename the correct BIOS file on the floppy and power up the PC. The floppy doesn't need to be bootable. You will see the PC read the floppy, after about 4 minutes you will hear 4 beeps, this means the transfer is done. Reboot the PC and modify the CMOS for your configuration.

I have a floppydrive, but no floppydisk, so I won't be able to test it untill tomorrow.

Tharon
Level :
Posted:10/7/2008 2:32:00 AM # 8
Well. Testet the method stated above. No luck at all. The BIOS is dead.
I have ordered a new bios, but not from ASUS. Since they don't ship outside us.

Tharon
Level :
Posted:10/10/2008 7:21:00 PM # 9
Problem solved by replacing BIOS chip.

billb
Level :
Tech Points : 801
Posted:10/10/2008 10:32:00 PM # 10

Quote:
Author: Tharon Posted: 10/10/2008 7:21:00 PM

Problem solved by replacing BIOS chip.

Thanks for updating the thread title.............

M5A99X EVO R2.0, Teem Vulcan (4x4gig), Samsung 840 Pro 256 gig
1 2  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.