Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > A7N8X-E Deluxe  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Keyboard is locked unlock the key New Topic
verdier
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:8/24/2009 3:01:00 PM # 1
Since two day when I started my computer I have the message : "keyboad is locked-unlock the key"
On my control pannel there isn't a locked key. I do a CMOS clear but nothing change
Does anyone have an idea ?

Sorry for my bad english

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
TLH
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:8/24/2009 7:50:00 PM # 2
PS/2 keyboard or usb? There may be an 'enable usb keyboard' option in the bios, although I think the board is a bit old for that option. If you are using usb you'll have to wait till the OS loads the usb driver or get yourself a adapter to convert it to PS/2.

M3A79t-deluxe, PhenomII 940, 2x2Gb Corsair Dominator, Silverstone OP650. A8N-E, FX60, 2x1Gb OCZ Platinum, Corsair vx550.
verdier
Level :
Posted:8/26/2009 2:27:00 PM # 3
If I use a PS2 keyboard, I have the message no keyboard found and keyboard is locked
With a USB keyboard I only have the message keyboard is locked but I can't go in the bios or in the OS.
I see in the document that in the bios I have an option "enable usb keyboard"

VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3684
Posted:8/26/2009 2:44:00 PM # 4
I did a quick Google and found  2 posters that were consistent,  the consistency's were the wires being placed on the wrong pin or shorting.

"That error message has nothing to do with the actual keyboard or the Num Lock function of the keyboard.  The POST/BIOS is reading a single port bit in the system boards keyboard controller and detecting this bit as being shorted to ground. On some systems there is a keylock on the front of the case that allows you to "lock" the keyboard for security reasons. It is this lock that is being detected. On a system without a keylock, this error can be caused by one of the front panel wires being placed on the wrong pin on the system board. Or by something shorting out the keylock pin on the system board, or a hardware failure in the keyboard controller, or using the wrong version/level of BIOS update."

verdier
Level :
Posted:8/27/2009 1:55:00 AM # 5
nothing is connected on the pin keylock. My computer stoped before checking the RAM with two message : unlock the keyboard-unlock the key CMOS checksum failure-loading default I can't go in the BIOS and no led goes on. If I try with another keyboard (a PS2), I have the message : no keyboard. I have the A7N8X-E Deluxe BIOS 1013.

Shaum
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:11/25/2009 8:32:00 PM # 6
I had that exact error with an older A7N8X Deluxe earlier this month.  After considerable troubleshooting it was determined that the keyboard/mouse interface chip was likely defective.  I replaced the motherboard with a used A7N8X-E Deluxe to hopefully avoid most of the mismatched driver issues encountered with a motherboard replacement (XP SP3 OS) and it is working flawlessly.

Finding a source to do chip level repair on a motherboard is not likely.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: Ulrich New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.