Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Motherboard > SABERTOOTH X79  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]x79 Sabertooth Memory Problems New Topic
Pookieraaj
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:8/4/2012 11:35:00 AM # 11
I'm having the same issue you are actually. I've purchased a Sabertooth x79 with Corsair Vengeance ram and a i7 3930k. Initially the machine was only recognizing 8 Gbs out of my 16 Gbs (4 Dimms). Did bios updates and such as well as MemOK checks and got nothing different. Changed to XMP settings in BIOs with no luck. Finally i assumed the ram was defective so i took it back and exchanged it. When I got home it was only recognizing 1 Dimm at 1333 Mhz. So i messed around about and assumed that it was the Mobo, so I took that back to have it exchanged and upon arriving home today with the new mobo, i'm still having the same issue! I'm going to attempt a BIOs update on this board to see if it will help at all, otherwise i'm really lost for what could be wrong. Only other thing that crosses my mind is a defective memory controller on the CPU, but i assume that it wouldn't recognize any ram at all if that were the case...

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Pookieraaj
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:8/6/2012 1:39:00 PM # 12

Quote:
Author: Pookieraaj Posted: 8/4/2012 11:35:00 AM

I'm having the same issue you are actually. I've purchased a Sabertooth x79 with Corsair Vengeance ram and a i7 3930k. Initially the machine was only recognizing 8 Gbs out of my 16 Gbs (4 Dimms). Did bios updates and such as well as MemOK checks and got nothing different. Changed to XMP settings in BIOs with no luck. Finally i assumed the ram was defective so i took it back and exchanged it. When I got home it was only recognizing 1 Dimm at 1333 Mhz. So i messed around about and assumed that it was the Mobo, so I took that back to have it exchanged and upon arriving home today with the new mobo, i'm still having the same issue! I'm going to attempt a BIOs update on this board to see if it will help at all, otherwise i'm really lost for what could be wrong. Only other thing that crosses my mind is a defective memory controller on the CPU, but i assume that it wouldn't recognize any ram at all if that were the case...

Hey I thought I would post that its fixed! All I had to do was go and exchange my ram for some Kingston HyperX and everything boots A-OK!! Note to Corsair, please spend some more time doing CAQC, would've saved me a whole week of trouble!

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
First  Prev  1 2
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: Ulrich New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.