Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]P6T Sound problem : noise New Topic
Novovitch
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:3/2/2009 8:28:00 PM # 1
Hi,

P6T , 6 G°RAM, Vista 32, bios 306, drivers upadted.

I have a problem with the sound card on board : lots of noises .
Even if it's "low level" noises, it's hard to forget it while listening music.
Noises when moving mouse, I feel I can ear disk access.. etc...

So, is there a possibility to get rid of those noises ?

Tks.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
isaac
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:3/3/2009 10:45:00 PM # 2
Hello, I also have the same problem. New system with P6T motherboard, i7 920, Evga 9800+ 1gig in first PCIE slot, Vista 64, 6gb ram. Random movement and screen noise heard though the speakers.
When I uninstall the realtek audio manager the problem goes away but I lose the ablity to fast swap to the front audio jacks on my Apevia Telstar JR case. This case has an HD audio connection to the front for mic and audio.  I have tried both driver packs found here on the ASUS pt6 downloads as well as Realtek's site. Have updated Intel driver set, running newest graphic drivers as well. This problem existed for me before updateing to the newest graphic drivers so I know that is not it. I have not tried to boot the system without the front connector connected to see if that removes the problem because I would like to be able to use those connections.
Thanks to any that has an idea.

EDIT: BIOS unknown at the moment, I have not updated it myself though. I will check it tonight if anyone thinks that may have something to do with it.

Holland
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/4/2009 2:09:00 AM # 3
Yeah me to, i just put together my system, using the on-borad audio an i get really low level scratching, or hissing noise through my stock green plug speakers. Im using win xp x64 with the most recent driver from asus downloads an its still there?

Novovitch
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/4/2009 7:55:00 AM # 4
Hi,
Isaac, you say : "When I uninstall the realtek audio manager the problem goes away "

I removed the audio manager from starting at boot using msconfig : no change, the noise remains the same.
Can you please tell me what you've removed, and how ? ( front panel connectors aren't important for me).

Tks.

G.

isaac
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/4/2009 11:57:00 AM # 5
It tested it again and I can verify it. Go to the control panel and remove the Realtek audio manger program. This will remove all the drivers related to the Realtek sound, when you reboot it will load default windows drivers and the sound works fine. My front panel works but it does not auto switch which annoyes me.

Novovitch
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/4/2009 4:51:00 PM # 6

Many thank's Isaac !

I uninstalled the realtek audio driver and it works without noise, after reboot with windows vista default drivers.

My job is : http://www.gregaria.fr and as you can understand, sound is important for me :)

I don't use the front panel, I use an external switch to choose speakers or headphones.
I hope Asus will work on those drivers to solve the problem.

Tks again for the tip.

Best regards.

Greg

isaac
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/4/2009 10:35:00 PM # 7

Glad I could help. I plan on sending this one off to tech inquires later today. Last night I tried a bunch of other things. Disconnected front panel, rebooted and still had the noise. Swapped PCIE slots for my GPU. This caused default drivers to load for it and I still had the problem. Checked grounding on case, no issues there that I can tell. Works fine without the Realtek driver as Novovitch proved as well. I have tried 3 different versions of the Realtek driver pack. Not one has worked for me.  When windows vista is booting there is a short while that I do not get the noise then I can hear it start.

Bultman
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/5/2009 4:22:00 PM # 8
This problem can be solved by making a quick change within the Realtek driver:

1) Open the "Sound" profile in Vista's control panel.

2) Double click the "Speakers" selection.

3) Click on the "Levels" tab.

4) Find the entry titled "PC Beep".  Mute this entry by clicking on the blue speaker icon to the left of the "Balance" icon.

This solved the static/hissing problem on the audio output of my P6T using the Realtek driver.  Apparently it is endemic to the Realtek ALC1200 chipset.

isaac
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/5/2009 9:47:00 PM # 9

Thanks for the idea. Had my wife try it. She does not hear the noise now. But she said she did not really before that. I will have to check myself later.

isaac
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/6/2009 1:28:00 PM # 10
Worked all right. Thanks for the info.

1 2 3 4 5  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.