ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Audio Cards > Xonar Essence STX  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]High Pitched "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" noise New Topic
Strobeflux
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:7/15/2011 5:27:00 PM # 21
This happened to me a bunch of times before until i started some massive troubleshooting.
The final thing i did was downclock the FSB (front side bus) of the motherboard effectively downclock the CPU aswell, (I had it a little overclocked, but no where near the limit of tolerance for the motherboard), this also in turn downclocked the memoryspeeds aswell. While this may sound strange, it did fix all squealing issues with this card. Keep in mind that the RealTek chip built in on the motherboard never had any of these issues even when running at insane CPU/FSB clockspeeds.

I have no idea if this is the superfix for this issue, but atleast that kind of changing made my card behave good again. Random event? maybe. I've ran the motherboard at lower clockspeed for a year now, and no squealing highpitch noises, while before I had atleast 1 per month, and they are god awful when they occur.

Wherever this is a PCI bus issue, or the card not being able to handle specific bus speeds, or cannot handle RAM errors (if these occurs aswell at higher bus speeds), I don't really know. Maybe its even power related.

A full troubleshooting from ASUS on this would be helpful to find the actual cause of this. since this only happens for me on this specific audiocard.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Strobeflux
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:7/15/2011 6:51:00 PM # 22
On some other forum someone said he put electric tape on the bracket of the card, and that fixed the issue. (insulationtape I would guess).

WW
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 7
Posted:7/20/2011 2:38:00 PM # 23
But I do not overclock any things!

Vaak
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:7/27/2011 4:52:00 AM # 24
The solution for this head bursting headphone wrecking SCREECH is to NOT use the Asus drivers...

I had this problem for quite awhile now and Asus seems to ignore it.
So here it is:

Go to the Auzentech dot com website.
Go to DOWNLOAD and get the "X-Meridian 2G" drivers.
Extract them on your computer and open the "cmudaxp.ini" file.
/PCI-8788-110301-7.12.8.1793(W7-FR1.0)/SoftwareDriver/INI/cmudaxp.ini

Scroll down in the file until you see [CMEDIA]:

Under [CMEDIA] paste the following line:
PCI\VEN_13F6&DEV_8788&SUBSYS_835C1043 = WDM_CMPCI6

The "835C1043" part identifies the STX
Go to device manager -> your card -> properties -> details -> set properties (hardware-id) to find if yours is different.
Save the file.

Then open file:
/PCI-8788-110301-7.12.8.1793(W7-FR1.0)/SoftwareDriver/Driver/CMPCIP0.INF

Under [C-Media] paste this:
%CMI8788.DeviceDesc%=CMPCI,    PCI\VEN_13F6&DEV_8788&SUBSYS_835C1043

Under [C-Media.NTamd64] paste this:
%CMI8788.DeviceDesc%=CMPCIX64,    PCI\VEN_13F6&DEV_8788&SUBSYS_835C1043

Again change the number accordingly
Save

Uninstall the ASUS crapdrivers and software control panel

Run the "setup.exe" found in the "/PCI-8788-110301-7.12.8.1793(W7-FR1.0)/" folder.
It will install the "C-Media Oxygen HD Audio Device"
Reboot.

After i did this the problems went away.
From a daily/weekly heart attack to a 3 month 0 occurrence.
Strangely it uses the same driver version as Asus did: 7.12.8.1793
But you get a "clean" official c-media driver set and control panel.

I hope this will work for you as well.

--- I edited my first posting to make it easier ---

ThaSundancekid
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:7/28/2011 6:18:00 AM # 25
God damn! This just happend to me, and i had my headphones on! MY LEFT EAR IS RINGING! I was listening to music on spotify with my beyerdynamic DT990. And suddenly this superhigh cracking noise and high pitch started to mangel my ears. took me 3 secs to throw my headphones off, but that was enough to f*** my ears up! Had the settings on hi-fi, nothing more. Damn you asus!!!

WW
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:7/28/2011 9:03:00 PM # 26

Quote:
Author: ThaSundancekid Posted: 7/28/2011 6:18:00 AM

God damn! This just happend to me, and i had my headphones on! MY LEFT EAR IS RINGING! I was listening to music on spotify with my beyerdynamic DT990. And suddenly this superhigh cracking noise and high pitch started to mangel my ears. took me 3 secs to throw my headphones off, but that was enough to f*** my ears up! Had the settings on hi-fi, nothing more. Damn you asus!!!

The most important thing that we need Asus to explain is whether that suddenly high pitched EEEEEE noise would damage any connected headphones and earphones or not! As our headphones are normally expensive when using this sound card! Please reply us quickly and we need Asus to find solution as quick as they can!

WW
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:7/28/2011 9:09:00 PM # 27

Quote:
Author: ThaSundancekid Posted: 7/28/2011 6:18:00 AM

Have you set to 44.1KHZ? And seems HIFI mode would easily cause this!

ThaSundancekid
Level :
Posted:7/28/2011 10:25:00 PM # 28
I agree with you! As it is now, i wont/cant use this soundcard, its very dangerous for your ears in the first place, and the headphones on the second... Will it help to set sample to 44.1? And yes, we need to hear from ASUS about this...

WW
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:7/29/2011 12:44:00 AM # 29

Quote:
Author: ThaSundancekid Posted: 7/28/2011 10:25:00 PM

I agree with you! As it is now, i wont/cant use this soundcard, its very dangerous for your ears in the first place, and the headphones on the second... Will it help to set sample to 44.1? And yes, we need to hear from ASUS about this...

set sample to 44.1 seems make problem worse.

ThaSundancekid
Level :
Posted:7/29/2011 5:24:00 PM # 30
ASUS, i give you 5 days to comment on this or i will post this vital problem on every internetshop and hardware forum i can think of!

First  Prev  1 2 3 4 5  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: yoyolai New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.