Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Graphic Card > AH3450 Series  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Vista 32 High Definition Audio Controller Conflict New Topic
Day
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:12/17/2008 12:31:00 PM # 1
I have recently installed the ASUS AH3450 AGP video card into my computer.  The computer is built around an ECS motherboard P4M800Pro-M, and running Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit.

Since the installation, I have a conflict noted in Device Manager for the device "High Definition Audio Controller"   When showing devices by connection, this item is listed as a subdevice of the AH3450.

The error code for the HD Audio Controller is:
This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (code 12).

I have sucessfully disabled the device in Device Manager, but I would like to solve the problem in a better way, if there is one. 

Audio works out of the audio card 1/8" jack, and I do not generally have any need for DVI-HDMI audio pass through for my purposes, I would just like to get rid of the 'disabled' or 'conflicted' device in device manager.

Any suggestions?

I have tried downloading the "ATI HDMI Audio Device" driver v2.09 from realtek.com.tw as suggested in another post.  This driver does not install, indicating that no suitable driver could be installed.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Alex
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:12/19/2008 9:01:00 PM # 2

Your chipset doesn't allow a second IRQ on the AGP bus. As such the HD audio device onboard the graphicsc card for which you tried to install the Realtek driver is not found by the system.

There is no way around this, although there have been suggestions that by removing all PCI cards and playing around in your BIOS with the IRQ allocations might get it working. This however on nVidia chipsets, but don't feel unlucky already as these boards mess it up competely hogging the cpu to give an IRQ indefinetly. 

So forget about it, let it as it is and enjoy your graphics card. Only thing you're going to miss is the sound through HDMI. If you can't live without it maybe it's time for an upgrade. 

http://www.otheos.com/?page_id=476
artbio
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 41
Posted:10/30/2009 10:36:00 AM # 3

You can solve your problem. If you are willing to mod your motherboard's BIOS. I posted guides on how to mod a system BIOS ACPI table to allow more than one IRQ on the AGP bus on these links:

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=106690
http://www.theraptorpit.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5166
http://www.rebelshavenforum.com/sis-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=52;t=000143

Good luck!

Sturk
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:11/1/2009 9:18:00 PM # 4
I'm interested in this solution, and wondering if it might apply to my system? I have an old PCI-e motherboard (P5GDC Deluxe) and I have the exact same problem where i cannot, no matter what, get HDMI audio working as described above. I know you mentioned this was a solution for AGP boards...wondering if something similar would fix mine??? If so, can you assist with steps for an AMI bios? I'm not familiar with the editing steps you provided...

artbio
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:11/2/2009 5:09:00 AM # 5
Hi Sturk

I downloaded the BIOS for your motherboard from ASUS site. It's the latest beta version 1012-002
Using MMTool 3.19 for AMI BIOS I was able to extract the ACPI table and get to the DSDT table. The DSDT table compiles just fine. However your DSDT table is very different from mine. So I don't know where to look. Set View Devices by connection in Device Manager, look at the device that your Radeon is under and check it's location. It's something like "PCI bus 0, device 30, function 0". See if you can get that for me. After you get me that information I will see what I can do.

artbio
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:11/2/2009 8:06:00 AM # 6
Sturk

I patched the DSDT of Asus P5GDC Deluxe. Download the modified BIOS from ->
http://artbio.no.sapo.pt/Asus/P5GDC_Deluxe.zip
and flash as you normally do. Please report back.

Good luck.

Sturk
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:11/14/2009 9:28:00 PM # 7
Didn't work...the BIOS actually woudn't load after flashing so I had to recover. It just froze at the BIOS splash screen without even prompting for entering setup or anything.

Stargazer
Level :
Posted:11/16/2009 4:20:00 AM # 8

It heapens to me too. How did you manage to recover the bios?

Thanks in advance!

Sturk
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:11/19/2009 3:14:00 AM # 9
for me...when booting hold ctrl+home. It will then try and use either your floppy disk or CDROM and look for P5GDCD.ROM file. Just download the original BIOS file you had and rename to that...put on a CD/floppy and try the above.

wck
Level :
Posted:12/1/2009 11:28:00 PM # 10
I'm having very similar issues.
AH3450/Windows7
My pc will get to the "starting windows" screen, but when it gets ready to go to the "welcome" screen, it bluescreens. The standard vga driver is holding it's own right now, but I would really like to get this "new" agp card up to full potential.
I've seen posts talking about the hp audio sharing the agp bus with the video..
Is there no driver fix for this issue? I find it hard to believe the manufacturer hasn't seen fit to address this issue for their customers.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: HHC New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.