Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]P5Q MOUSE AND KEYBOARD FREEZE New Topic
EgyptianPrinceResurrected
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 34
Posted:7/1/2008 4:04:00 AM # 1

Hello, All:

I bought a much anticipated Asus P5Q Motherboard, along with E8400 3 GHz Quad Core CPU, 2 GB Corsair 4-4-4-12 DDR2 RAM, 8600GT 512MB Asus Video Card.  Of course, I had to buy an OCZ Power Supply 500 Watts for the

Now, the problem is that mouse freezes, and now the keyboard is following the mouse's path.  It is frequent freezes, sometimes freezes all the time that I have to reboot.

I got fed up with the board, and so I went back to the store, and got another one brand new.

And viola!  Same problem...  I put the same hardware components (except the mighty board) on a Gigabyte P35-DS3L motherboard, and the mouse is manifesting this erratic behavior.

Now, that I know for sure it is the board, what is the solution?  Even during the setup of Windows XP, the mouse does freeze.

Now, the keyboard as well!  I tried PS2 Ports, and the USB, but the problem has proven habitual and recurring.

Is it the Intel's Drivers?  Or is Asus BIOS?  Did someone else experience the same thing?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
threevok
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:7/2/2008 4:00:00 AM # 2
I'm having the same issue, only about 1 or 2 times per day. Tested with Memtest86+, HCI Memtest, Orthos, all with no errors. Bios 0703, no overclock.

VIP Member
Level :
Posted:7/3/2008 3:35:00 AM # 3
Thanks threevok for your reply...

Yes, I did not overclock the board, I replaced the board from the store already, and not just that, I bought an OCZ 500 Watts Power Supply... 

According to ASUS Technical Support, the PSU's specs ought to be as follows....

+3.3V 30Amps  (existing)     <--- i need 35 amps
+5V 30 Amps    (existing)     <-- i need 35 amps
+12V1 18 Amps (existing)    <----  just at the minium

The strange thing is that I tried **same** everything on a Gigabyte P35-DS3L, and everything works flawlessly.

I ran the memtest86+, not for one hour or two, but over night and indeed ZERO errors...

How can ASUS do this????  I paid $160 for the board, then another $80 for the PSU, and the mouse isn't working!!!!!

There is no point obtaining RMA for the board, because it will be the same problem..   Almost **guaranteed**....

And the funny part is that whether the Mouse is PS/2 or USB, it still cuts off, but sometimes the keyboard keeps on going... until the ultimate unavoidable crash.... which is perceeded by horribly slow menus... as if hte system is running on 1 AAA battery.!!!!

Steve1077
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 737
Posted:7/3/2008 3:52:00 AM # 4

I dont like the sound of that, I have one of these boards in the post.

I cant see how Asus think you would need that much power from the PSU either, 30 amps on the 3.3 and 5v rail seems a lot, and 18 on the 12v seems low, I cant see the PSU being the problem, lets hope they release a new bios update soon

Asus P6T Deluxe, Intel I7 920, OCZ Intel Extreme Edition 3x2048 PC10666 DDR3, 2x750GB Samsung F1 HDD Intel RAID 0, ATI 4890 1024MB Graphics, Sony DDU1612 DVD-ROM, NEC ND-4551 DVD-RW, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro, Corsair TX650 PSU, XP Pro 64/Windows 7 Ult 64------- Asus P9X79 Pro, Intel I7 3930K, Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) LP PC3-12800 RAM, Crucial M4 256GB SSD (OS drive), 2x2TB Samsung HD204UI Spinpoint F4EG HDD running RAID 0 on Intel SATA (storage drive), Radeon HD6950 2GB graphics, SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium Soundcard, Corsair TX650 V2 PSU, Windows 7 Ult 64
Bremholm
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:7/4/2008 10:06:00 PM # 5

Yes i Have, but i Think that i have solved it.

I tried to Flach the Bios, it did not help.
Then I set the multiplier for the CPU(E8400 6-9) to 6, the lovest value.
And the memory to it´s default value 2.20V(Crucial DDR2 BallistiX PC8500 2048MB CL5).
After that XP vorked fine and after rebooting I went back to bios and set t multiplier to 9(no problems).

but I have other problems: Missing 12V in Bios(Hardware monitor) is also missing in Asus Probe 2 when running XP.
Harddrive preformance is up and down it goes from 100MB/s to 4MB/s(all the drives is defragmented)

My system:

Asus P5Q, P45, Socket-775, DDR2,
ATX, GbLAN, Firewire, PCI-Ex(2.0)16
Bios: 0703
Intel Core# 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz, Socket
LGA775, 6MB, 1333Mhz BOXED w/fan
Crucial DDR2 BallistiX PC8500 2048MB CL5
,Kit m.to matchende BallistiX 128Megx64
Antec Sonata III miditower: 500W
Sapphire Radeon HD 3850 512MB GDDR3,
PCI-Express 2.0, "Ultimate Edition"
2 X Samsung SpinPoint F1 750GB SATA2 32MB 7200RPM
Samsung DVD-burner SH-S203 SATA
Hitachi HDT725050 VLAT 80 (SCISI Disk Device in device maneger)
Haupage pwr250

VIP Member
Level :
Posted:7/6/2008 8:45:00 PM # 6
Hello, Bremholm:

Aside from mouse cut offs, I'm also experiencing video corruption.  Screen would flicker (black screen and then again back to desktop in less than 1 second), resulting in corrupted lines across the screen horizontally.

ASUS did release an update BIOS, but it is not on the server, but you can download it from the main page.  I updated the BIOS, and still did NOT do anything.

How can a motherboard this expensive, and this elegant looking, be horrible garbage?

I upgraded my video to XFX 8800GT so that I can draw an extra 12V Connector from the PSU, thinking that my old video card is under powered.  But that didn't do much either.

There is something WRONG with the board, so horribly wrong.  it can't even run DivX videos without freezing and crashing for 3 minutes.  I'M DUMPING THIS BOARD.

The mouse did cut off as I was writing this post, so hopefully I can post it before it crashes.

V
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:7/7/2008 7:07:00 PM # 7
I have excat same problem with the Vista freeze, I have now used two week trying to solve this puzzel - but no luck so far. I can't find any errors in my configuration - no memory errors, no errors in Vista event log. - I am about to give up, and return this MB.

Has anyone, who has expirenced this error, fixed it, and now runs a stable Vista?

Any suggestions for a stable MB, to replace my P5Q?

BR
Lars

hmg
Level :
Posted:7/7/2008 7:59:00 PM # 8

I have the exact same problem – it’s really annoying!!

Asus use to build stable and reliable motherboards but the P5Q is an exception.

My keyboard an mouse freezes randomly…. sometimes 1 hour after reboot and sometimes 5 minutes after.

The light in my optical mouse turns off and so does the “Num Lock” light in the keyboard. All that you can do is to reboot the system by pressing the “Reset-bottom”. I have updated all drivers and updated the bios but it didn’t solve the problem!

ASUS have a big problem here – they need to release a new bios that solve this problem IMMEDIATELY!

Steve1077
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 737
Posted:7/8/2008 4:10:00 AM # 9
Well I'm glad to say I now have my computer up and running with no problems, I've turned off all the power saving stuff in bios, at the moment I only have XP running but I will be installing Vista later this week, the only thing I dont like is the E8400 running at 50c, but thats with the stock cooler

Asus P6T Deluxe, Intel I7 920, OCZ Intel Extreme Edition 3x2048 PC10666 DDR3, 2x750GB Samsung F1 HDD Intel RAID 0, ATI 4890 1024MB Graphics, Sony DDU1612 DVD-ROM, NEC ND-4551 DVD-RW, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro, Corsair TX650 PSU, XP Pro 64/Windows 7 Ult 64------- Asus P9X79 Pro, Intel I7 3930K, Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) LP PC3-12800 RAM, Crucial M4 256GB SSD (OS drive), 2x2TB Samsung HD204UI Spinpoint F4EG HDD running RAID 0 on Intel SATA (storage drive), Radeon HD6950 2GB graphics, SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium Soundcard, Corsair TX650 V2 PSU, Windows 7 Ult 64
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:7/8/2008 9:20:00 PM # 10
I tried already installing Vista Ultimate Edition, and I can confirm this is NOT related to the OS, but it is the motherboard.

The mouse freezes during Vista Setup (right there!) before installing the drivers.

And after installing the drivers, viola!  Same problem.

The funny part is that the rear USB Ports do turn off, then you can plug in your Mouse (USB) in the front USB Ports on the case, it gives you another 5 minutes or so before the whole thing crashes on you.

Did anyone get the corrupted Video????  I mean, scrolling the page up and down is really TOO MUCH ask from P5Q Board because there is a problem with its video output.

I mean, "stuck" texts, horizontal lines of video corruption, screen would be black for 1 second then comes to life again while scrolling.

Talking about watching a full movie???  May heavens forbid, the picture will freeze, the audio keeps on going, trying to skip through the video, the screen flickers, and then maybe if it doesn't crash, you can watch what you missed. 

I already replaced my video card (XFX 8800GT with the 12V Power Connection), but that didn't solve the problem either.

This board has been a REAL pain, and a horrendous waste of money. 

I'm reverting back to Gigabyte P35-DS3L that I was initially running on.  Forget ASUS.

1 2 3 4 5 6  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.